Here are some things we are working on this week:
* Super e makes vowels say their name (-ike, -ite, and -ide word families)
* Blends are two consonants that blend together to make a sound. (bl, fl, cl, st, sm, sn dr, tr, etc.)
* When we read fiction we can retell the story and include: setting, characters, problem, beginning, middle, end and solution.
* Traditional tales have been told for a long time. They often start with "once upon a time", have talking animal characters, sets of 3 and teach a lesson. We also compared different versions of familiar traditional tales.
* In writing we continue to work on writing with sequence (first, then, last) and using conventions of writing (capitals, endmarks, spaces, neat handwriting)
* In math we've been learning about solving equations and story problems with missing partners (addends).
**Tomorrow is slushy day! Slushies are $1.
**Friday is an early release day, please let me know how your child will get home if going a different way.