As always, we've been busy learning! Here are some things we've been studying:
* cross checking when reading (ask your child to show you the motion) Does it look right?
Does it sound right? Does it make sense?
* short vowel words with -ck ending: -ack, -eck, -ock word families
* Using capitals for names, I and the beginning of sentences
* Subtraction stories, equations and circle drawings
* ALICE preparation and drill
This week we will also be learning:
* how addition and subtraction relate to each other (fact families)
* Story elements: characters, setting, problem, solution
* Writing personal narratives-stories from our lives
Special Events this Week: Junie B. Jones show at the PAC Tuesday afternoon, Veteran's Day Program on Wednesday, Frosty Friday ($1 slushees)