Here are some things we will be learning this week:
* Word work: the sound of sh
*review short vowel sounds/identify vowel letters
* read and write word wall words: on, and, get, look, is, do
* the writing process (ask your child about our song):
1. think, think, think
2. tap and tell
3. draw and write
4. then revise
* Reading strategies: visualize (put a movie in your mind), use pictures to help us understand and choose good fit book to become a better reader. We are also using already learned strategies like: does it look right? sound right? make sense?, look
carefully at all the letters, stretch out unknown words, stop and think about
characters and setting
* Math: mathematicians can explain their thinking and use numbers and drawings, the Unit 2 test, using rek-en-reks to think about numbers (pictures to come) and math mountains.
* We will have a guest speaker on Tuesday who is Native American. He will read a book to us and share some of his culture.
* Friday we will be learning about turkeys!