Here's what we're learning:
* The meaning of word and sentence-what a sentence looks like.
* How to work with partners and solve disagreements.
* A couple math games to play independently
* Read to Self-what it looks like and sounds like in our classroom
* We wrote down and illustrated our hopes for first grade and our dreams.
* We took the STAR assessment on the computer. More info will be handed out at conferences
Next week we'll:
* Begin math instruction and homework
* Begin writing and reading workshop
* Review letter sounds and writing letters
* Continue our work on words and sentences
* Picture Retake Day is September 18th
* There is a PTO meeting in the school library at 5:30 on Tuesday night.
* There is a Board of Education Meeting on Monday night.